Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cherry Pits 101... Call Somebody?

Cherries are in season and we have some in the fridge. So, me being lazy told Abby she could just go get one.
Then here she comes running into the living room and states " I swallowed the big seed! Call somebody!" Then she starts sobbing. Great. I start into all the typical "You're fine. You didn't choke. It's going to be okay!" "Mama call somebody." "Abby like who? A doctor? You're fine you don't need a doctor." "No, like..like Uncle Dan." "Oh, like Uncle Dan."
So there you have it. For personal drama there's Dear Abby. Spiritual Drama Pray. Everyday 4 year old crisis...Uncle Dan on speed dial. (Priceless until finding out he's telling her to expect a cherry tree to grow shortly, hmm? Though his advice made her stop crying and laugh:)

2 comments:

Becca said...

Fun story! I'm glad she laughed afterwards. I cried when my Daddy told me a tree would grow out of my mouth and ears after swallowing a cherry seed!

Emily Brandt A... said...

Oh, too cute! I'm so glad it wasn't a real emergency! Marin choked on a grape several weeks ago and even with Jeff doing the Heimlich it almost didn't come out!!! We weren't laughing about that, but I'm glad you can laugh about your experience! Thanks for sharing. Keep in touch.